The EAP offers telephonic consultation on a variety of important financial issues including:
- Debt Management
- Financial Planning
- First Time Home Buying
- Tax Questions
- Identity Fraud
- Free Credit Report Review
Claremont provides objective financial advice. Our financial consultants are not selling any financial products; their only incentive is to help you.
Some of the most common financial questions we help address include:
- What are my options for getting out of debt?
- How can I find a low-interest credit card?
- How much life insurance do I need for my family’s security?
- How can I get a copy of my credit report?
- How can I remove incorrect information from my credit report?
- How can I design a realistic budget to achieve my financial goals?
- My daughter is ten — how should I invest my savings to prepare for her college education?
- I just received notice that my wages are about to be garnished. What can I do?
- I want to buy a home in the next few years. How can I prepare myself for that?
- What do lenders look at when approving a mortgage loan application?
- Should I borrow money from my retirement plan?
- I am getting a divorce. Who is responsible for the bills and how will this affect my credit?
- I need a car. Should I lease or buy one?
The use of the financial services does not count against any of the employee/family member’s regular counseling visits or other benefits offered through the EAP.
To speak to a financial specialist, or access other EAP services, please call Claremont at 800-834-3773.