Claremont’s contracted attorneys specialize in:
- Civil/Consumer Issues: This category of your benefit includes issues relating to retail transactions, warranty and other consumer products matters, issues relating to governmental entitlements and benefits, advice on small claims court and other general legal matters.
- Personal/Family Legal Services: These services include adoption and guardianship, custody and support matters, domestic violence, divorce, separation and annulment issues, name changes as well as other domestic or family law issues (contested and uncontested).
- Housing and Real Estate: Your real estate consultation includes assistance in the acquisition or sale of property, lease and rental agreements, property boundary disputes (for tenants only), and other matters surrounding your personal real property.
- Criminal Matters: These services include the defense both of misdemeanor as well as felony criminal acts of all kinds. Examples include criminal charges, juvenile matters, and driving while intoxicated (DUI).
- IRS Matters: These services are performed by former senior level IRS employees. These specialists possess the ability to negotiate with the IRS on your behalf, whether in an audit environment or to assist you with a lien or a balance due, in order to affect the most favorable outcome.
- Estate Planning Law: Your estate planning services include assistance with the preparation and review of Simple Wills, Revocable Living Trusts, and Charitable Trust.
The use of the legal services does not count against any of the employee/family member’s regular counseling visits or other benefits offered through the EAP.
Please note: Claremont’s legal program for employees does not cover any questions related to Employment Law.